Recently you may have received your 2011 Town of Oyster Bay calendar which, besides being fun to flip through, has a lot of important information such as reminders when to register for sports leagues and lessons, musical performances, sanitation information, town meetings, S.T.O.P. collection dates, and much more.
So, in other words, please don’t throw it the recycle pile. As you browse through the calendar, all the photographs you see are taken by TOB residents. Next year, your artwork can grace the pages for the 2012 calendar.
“I invite everyone to start taking pictures, or go through photos you’ve already taken, depicting the people, places, community events and scenery reflective of the spirit and beauty of the Town of Oyster Bay for use in upcoming Town publications,” Town Councilman Joe Muscarella said.
“And don’t think you have to wait until warmer weather to start snapping," Muscarella said. "Winter presents photo opportunities that are unique and totally different from the rest of the seasons. Photographers who are willing to brave the cold can find some inspiring subject matter, especially after a snowfall.”
So if you are visiting places like Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay waterfront, Bayville shorelines, Raynham Hall, or Planting Fields, make it your next photo opp.
Here are the parameters for submissions:
- Photos should be taken within the confines of the Town of Oyster Bay.
- Digital submissions in a jpeg format are preferred (professionally developed photos, not inkjet printouts, are acceptable too).
- Email the photographs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Printed shots should be mailed to Oyster Bay Town Hall, 54 Audry Avenue, Oyster Bay, NY, 11771.
- Do not write on the back of the images in ink.
- When sending or emailing your selections, make sure you give your name, address, phone number, and a detailed description to accompany the photograph, including where the shot was taken.
- The photographer is responsible for the correct spelling of the names of the subject in the photos.
- It is required that you notify subjects that their picture may appear in the TOB calendar.
- If images are selected, you may be asked to supply a waiver.
“The Town of Oyster Bay is a photographer’s dream, and the upcoming winter, spring, summer and early fall will provide great opportunities to take beautiful pictures," Muscarella said. "Whether photography is your passion, your hobby, or just an occasional pastime, grab your camera, go outside and start snapping.”