Each week, we scour local sources to come up with the best deals for local families in and around Syosset. This week we ventured to some neighboring towns for a great way to get some cash back when shopping at Target, as well as some deals where kids can eat for free.
- Apply for Target’s REDcard and receive 5% off each time you use it to make a purchase in Target stores or online at Target.com. Exceptions apply, but if you are a Target shopper and looking for a credit card with a cash back program, this is a great one. If you register your card online, you can also direct 1% of your purchases to be donated to your favorite school. You’ll also get pharmacy rewards – when you use your REDcard to fill 5 prescriptions at Target pharmacy, you’ll earn 5% off a day of Target shopping. When you add that to the 5% you already get off of your REDcard purchases, you’re maximizing your savings – by shopping! Apply online or in stores.
- Kids Eat Free at IHOP every day in August between 4 and 10pm. Each child under 12 can eat a meal from IHOP’s Just For Kids menu for free with the purchase of an adult entrée – and all items on the Just For Kids menu are less than 600 calories. The IHOP closest to Syosset is located at 100 W. Old Country Road in Hicksville.
- Kids can also eat free at IKEA this month. From August 1 through August 21, kids under 12 can choose one combo meal valued at $2.49. IKEA’s Long Island location is at 1100 Broadway Mall in Hicksville.
- It’s "Super Cash" time at Old Navy in Broadway Mall. Through August 18, for every $20 you spend in Old Navy stores, you’ll receive $10 in Super Cash that you can spend between August 25 and August 29. You can receive up to $50 in Super Cash per transaction and some restrictions apply (you can’t earn Super Cash on gift card purchases).
- Believe it or not, it is almost time for back to school. Start stocking up on school supplies at Staples with some great deals this week including an 8 pack of #2 yellow pencils for $0.10 with a $5 minimum purchase and 25% to 50% off all backpacks. Local Staples stores are located at 442 South Oyster Bay Road (Hicksville) and 84 Jericho Turnpike (Jericho).
Amy Platt is a Syosset mom of two kids and the founder of LIParentSource.com, a free online magazine and e-newsletter centralizing information and resources for local families.