With the holidays not far off, stores are beginning to hire seasonal workers. Kohls just announced plans to hire 52,000 such employees.
Other jobs are longterm.
Part time automotive mechanics instructor for Nassau BOCES, to start in January. The course covers automotive steering, brakes and suspension systems and utilizes a combination of textbook theory and hands-on training. This is a 10 week, 60-hour course and will be taught at the Joseph M. Barry Career & Technical Education Center in Westbury in a fully equipped auto shop.
The position entails teaching formerly incarcerated individuals and at-risk youth, 12-16 hours/week in reading/writing classes and math classes at a variety of levels. In addition, the teacher will mentor students outside the classroom, maintain regular contact with students’ counselors, supervise and help train a group of volunteer tutors, and work with the rest of the teaching staff to coordinate intake, assessment, and other aspects of the program.
- Provide leadership in customer service and selling skills by working with customers on the sales floor
- Achieve store sales goals by managing inventory through accurate transfer, shipping and receiving functions
- Provide work direction on sales floor in conjunction with Store Manager
- Work as a partner with the Store manager to provide staff training in customer service, product knowledge and POS procedures
- Assist with recruiting, scheduling and performance management feedback
- Ensure store presentation is consistent with visual standard
- Recruitment Process
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Relations
- Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests of Parker by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components.
- Plans tasks in conjunction with established project and contractual goals and objectives.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and executes project charter for defined area of responsibility.
- Identifies and addresses critical issues and leads the development of action plans to improve project performance (e.g. scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, etc.).
- Ensures process compliance across the project team. Facilitates and ensures effective product/technology gate reviews.
Major surgical product company seeks a sales representative, calling on private medical practices.
- Perform alterations/tailor fittings according to Nordstrom guidelines and service standards
- Complete alterations/tailoring according to Nordstrom guidelines and quality standards
- Organize workload and complete items by date promised
- Meet or exceed productivity targets
- Conduct all customer and coworker interactions with warmth and sincerity
- Follow through on customer needs in a timely manner
- Actively build and maintain product knowledge through an awareness of fit, style, construction and trends
- Educate customer and employees on proper fit, shop procedures and guidelines in a professional and friendly manner
Waiters, waitresses, bartenders,food runners and busboys.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to the organization
- Documents security policies and procedures created by the Information Security Committee
- Provides direct training and oversight to all employees, affiliate marketing partners, alliances, or other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness within the organization
- Perform information security risk assessments and serves as an internal auditor for security issues
- Implements information security policies and procedures for the organization
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, acting as a liaison to Information Systems
- Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures, referring problems to the appropriate department manager
- Monitors advancements in information security technologies
Management of an assigned community including financial (revenue and expense) performance, customer satisfaction and retention, and personnel management.