Several organizations around the region are hiring this week. Patch takes a look at some of those openings. For more jobs, check our Career Builder listing.
Plan and supervise all fundraising and development activities, including three major special events (gala, golf and tennis tournament, endowment concert), major gifts, annual campaign, series and concert sponsorships and government support.
Work closely with Tilles Center’s executive director, board) and university development officers on research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. T
Work weekend and evening hours required as needed.
• 5 years
experience in School Food Service Management required.
• Completely knowledgeable regarding USDA requirements for NSLP and the new HHFKA
• ServSafe or similar certified – Must be knowledgeable of all local ordinances.
• Degree in nutrition, dietetics, hospitality or other related field preferred.
• Culinary background is preferred - Must have a passion and an interest in food
• Working knowledge of cooking procedures and recipe adherence and scaling.
• Must have demonstrated experience developing talent and managing multiple priorities
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Under supervision of the Director of Operations, with varying degrees of latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, assist with the coordination of daily operations and analysis of programming of Flushing Meadows Corona Park Aquatic Center.
- Train, coordinate and supervise staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate record keeping.
- Assist in the processing of rental agreements.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other divisions, organizations, the community and aquatic users.
- Procurement, food/dining preparation and service per the Sunrise designated menu program
- Financial and budgetary management of the food and dining services, labor costs
- Supervising and training team members on dining services
- Ensures safe food handling to prevent food borne illness, sanitation of food service areas
- Accurate record keeping, inventory and rotation of products
- Regulatory compliance
- Participation in resident satisfaction surveys/monthly food committee and daily communication with residents