Ideal candidate should have some experience in on-air news or traffic incident reporting. Must have knowledge of the roadways in the tri-state area. Must have strong computer and graphic skills as well as excellent script writing, on-camera performance, news judgment, and analytical abilities. Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Demos are required. Online demos only.
Email Operations Manager, 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Hicksville
- Project managing all email deliverables and executing day-to-day operational tasks to support daily email schedule.
- Creating marketing briefs that clearly and concisely convey the objectives of a given campaign and communicating those requirements both internally and externally (with our Email Service Provider).
- Working with Email Service Provider to build, test and deploy email campaigns.
- Testing and QAing email campaigns to ensure quality.
- Monitoring deliverability and follow up on resulting issues.
- Maintaining reports; compiling email data and lessons learned.
- Managing project timelines for both peak and non-peak periods.
Senior Accountant, Systemax, Port Washington
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses.
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
- Assist in month end closing including preparing and reconciling journal entries
- Manage fixed assets in SAP
- Prepare account analysis
- Balance monthly intercompany transactions
Assistant Store Manager Trainee, Sears, Hicksville
- Learns the day to day operations of maintaining and managing a Sears Full Line Retail Store department.
- Understands and participates in coaching selling skills & sales forecasting for a department.
- Identifies sales opportunities and changes approach to drive a different outcome.
- Identifies local merchandise assortment opportunities and partners with necessary field and support center resources to rectify and solve.
- Learns to analyze margin and profit levers for a department. Develops action plans to address opportunities.
- Review and adjusting merchandise assortment opportunities by applying knowledge gained during training.
- Maintains national presentation, signing and pricing standards for a department.
- Learns how to manage associates schedules, monitor attendance and address issues accordingly.
- Ensures productivity of associates in meeting expectations in an efficient manner, with high integrity.
- Learns how to effectively coach associates for success within the organization through effective communication, associate observation, timely feedback, recognition and performance management/performance reviews.
- Learns recruitment process of new hires to fill open and anticipated labor needs of hourly and salaried associates.
- Learns the business model of other SHC partners including Licensed Businesses, Product Repair Services, Home Delivery. Works closely with each to ensure understanding of the respective support areas while achieving mutual business goals and ensuring customer satisfaction levels are achieved within a department
Part Time Baker, Wild By Nature, Bethpage
- Preparing bakery products to ensure freshness and quality.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area and handle products and equipment in accordance with Food Safety standards and guidelines.
- Bake and prepare scratch product for the Bakery Cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- The Wild by Nature Baker must ensure that care is taken will all special orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
Engineer Substation, Protection & Telecommunication, National Grid, Hicksville
- Analyze events, evaluate operations and make recommendations to optimize the performance of the protection systems associated with the electric transmission, distribution and generation systems. The position is responsible for the protection of all elements of the transmission and distribution electric system. Performs relay setting calculations, short circuit studies and calculations & relay functional and schematic diagram approval for LIPA system.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of technical field personnel for installation, repair and maintenance of instrumentation, relaying and automatic controls associated with the operation of electric production, transmission and distribution systems.
- Represent the protection division and electric system operations department at various inter-departmental meetings. Represents LIPA at various NYISO meetings. Coordinate with maintenance services, project management, outside contractors, substation maintenance, electric service, electric power supply and telephone company personnel.
- Participates in supervisor’s 24 hour standby schedule for consultation and advice to others on protective problems and for dispatching relay technicians during emergencies. Acts as a consultant to other departments on all matters of protection problems and work covered by the protection & communications division.
- Conducts special investigations and studies concerning protective relaying performance and reliability and office procedures, evaluates new equipment, develops new and revised test procedures associated with protective relaying, telemetering and automatic control system.
- Performs oscillogram analysis and investigation of faulty relay operations.
- Review planning one line diagrams.
- Administrates relay setting summary files and monthly, quarterly and annual LIPA & NYISO reports. Administers the maintenance of records and field reports associated with the operation of the protection & communications division.
- Coordinates mutual protection problems with Network Strategy Engineering (SCAPE), System Operations, Network Asset, Planning and Electric Design and Construction.
- Co-ordinates capital projects & maintenance associated with IPP, and other internal departments.
- Assists with testing and commissioning of new electric production, transmission and distribution protection systems.
- Participates in relay technician and supervisor training programs.