Hello and welcome to "5 Things," the Saturday edition.
The weekend is here, and that means there are a bunch of opportunities to get involved in your community.
Here's what you need to know for Saturday:
- The takes place today at , from 4 to 6 p.m. More than 100 girls are expected to attend, and it should be a great time for all involved.
- Head to "One Night Only," a fundraiser for Connor's Army in their efforts to support Sunrise Day Camp, at the , located at 246 Old Walt Whitman Road in Huntington. The event takes place from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Check out the Facebook Group for more info.
- Check out the play at the Cultural Arts Playhouse in Plainview, the story about a frustrated songwriter who is stuck writing stories for a children's television show. Starts at 8 p.m., $20.
- Check back with Syosset Patch today at 1 p.m. for our next edition of "How Well Do YOU Know Syosset?" This week's photo should be tricky!
- Stay with Patch for updates throughout the day - "Like Us" on Facebook to be the first to know about breaking news and important announcements.