1. Friday will be gloomy and rainy with temperatures peaking at 46 degrees in Syosset.
2. Friday is Pearl Harbor Day. Whether you're heading to Oyster Bay for a somber ceremony or Republic Airport for an air show, remember those who gave their lives on that fateful day.
3. School reminders:
- Baylis Elementary and Whitman Elementary hold holiday boutiques.
- Thompson Middle School finishes Spirit Week.
- Robbins Lane Elementary and South Grove Elementary hold PTA Rec Nights for Robbins Lane third graders and South Groves' second and third graders.
- Syosset High School holds their Freshman/Sophomore Challenge at 6 p.m.
- Our Lady of Mercy Academy students head off on their Epcot Trip Friday.
- St. Edward the Confessor's Poinsettia Plant Sale ends Friday.
4 Head to Syosset Library at 1 p.m. for Taproot Workshops, Inc. At 2 p.m., get a visit from author Catherine Chung, who will speak about her book, Forgotten Country.
5. Check out a rundown of the latest crimes and incidents from in and around Syosset here.