1. A former Syosset resident, once nicknamed "the most wanted deadbeat parent" by Health and Human Services, agreed to pay more than $1 million in child support Thursday after pleading guilty to criminal charges, according to Newsday. Read the full Patch report here.
2. Winds will die down and clouds will roll in and out all day Friday. Temperatures will peak at 38 degrees.
3. South Woods Middle School finishes Spirit Week Friday.
4. Live the Artistry of Marilyn Horne's operatic history at Syosset Library from 2-4 p.m. Listen to a sampling under Videos on the right.
5. Nearly a dozen burglaries were reported in the Oyster Bay area last week, cops said. Read this week's Crime Report here.