Hello and welcome to "5 Things You Need to Know Today," the Monday edition.
We like to post this every weekday to give you the scoop on all things Syosset - but we can always use your help. If you see that we've missed something, please tell us in the comments or email us at Steven.Nicastro@patch.com. And remember, you can always post your own announcements or events to the site!
Here's what's going on Monday:
- Weather today - expect sunshine, with a high near 81. North wind around 6 mph becoming southeast. Check back with us later this morning for the full week forecast.
- Today is summer school from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at
- There is a lot going on for kids at the today - the first event is , from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Head back to the library at 4 p.m. for , for kids in grades 1 and 2. Also, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. kids can make , to celebrate the library's 50th anniversary.
- Gay marriage was approved in New York State on Friday night -
Have a great Monday.