It's Thursday, and the weekend is almost here - but before we start thinking of heading to the beach, there is a lot going on today and tomorrow!
Check out the below information to see what is going on in your town today:
- It's going to be really, really hot out there today. The National Weather Service said temperatures hit 94 in Syosset Wednesday - and residents can expect about the same today. Check out to survive the heat, courtesy of Nassau Police.
- and the Greater Long Island Running Club Hosts the 20th Annual DLA Long Island Police Appreciation Run tonight at 7 p.m. Proceeds generated from the race will go directly to the Police Crisis fund, which was established to aid local police officers’ families who are in emergency situations. Stay with us for more information on this event, coming today.
- Long Island author author of four books, will discuss "The Story Behind the Book," today at the Syosset Public Library at 7 p.m.
- Or you can head to the library earlier at 1:30 p.m. for a The event is free and open to all, and refreshments will be served.
- Tune into the CW Post college radio station. The station will be on all summer long - check out their Facebook and Twitter pages this summer for your chance to win free concert tickets!