Hello and welcome to "5 Things You Need to Know Today," the Wednesday edition.
Happy hump day! The week is half over and the weekend almost in sight - But we've got a lot going on these next couple of days. Make sure you check back with us before the weekend to stay up to speed with everything Syosset.
Here are just "5 Things" to keep in mind for Wednesday:
- It was over 80 degrees out Tuesday - While a high of only 72 is expected today, we're expected to get lots of sunshine, according to the National Weather Service.
- The Nassau County Museum of Art presents today from 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The exhibit will showcase more than 50 photographs from the legendary artist. Avedon, who passed away in 2004, is said to have revolutionized fashion photography. The museum is located at 1 Museum Drive in Roslyn.
- Have a health-related question but don't want to wait at the doctors for an answer? Head to the Syosset library today to check out their brand new - the center aims to provide accurate and easy access to medical books, newsletters and databases.
- Check back with Patch for the full story and photos from two big playoff games Tuesday evening - the Syosset boys lacrosse team against Baldwin and the Our Lady Mercy softball team versus St. Anthony's.
- Have you checked out some of our Community Voices yet? Syosset resident Rob Schultz has provided us updates on whle local realtor Linda Koziatek offers professional You can be a Syosset blogger, too. Email us at Steven.Nicastro@patch.com for more information.
Have a great Wednesday.