Happy Monday to you, and welcome to "5 Things You Need to Know Today." Each weekday we'll be putting a little extra spotlight on some of the things that are going on in the Syosset area. While we do our best to keep up with what's going on, we can always use your help. If you don't see something that should be on the list, don't be afraid to let us know!
Get your turkey ready! Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
1. Not looking to cook yourself? Iavarone Bros. of Woodbury has a great deal on gourmet catering for this Thanksgiving.
In the Thanksgiving Dinner Package (serving 10-14 people at $259 plus tax) ten selections may be made from a menu of two dozen freshly-prepared starters, salads, main courses, stuffings, trimmings, potatoes, gravies and freshly-baked pies made in Iavarone's own kitchens. To view the full menu and for more info. please visit their website or call them at (516) 921-5400.
PLEASE NOTE: All orders must be made by today!
2. on 271 Jericho Turnpike has a bunch of holiday specials this week. Their all-natural frozen turkeys, which range from 10 to 22 lbs, can be had for as little as 29 cents per pound (when an additional $50 purchase is made). You can get Smithfield Spiral Smoked Ham for $1.49 per lb, Princella Yams for 99 cents per can and a six-pack of corn bread squares/buttermilk biscuits for $2.99. Check out the other deals here at their website.
3. Get in shape for the holidays with a little help from the The library offers its Zumba program at 9:30 a.m. in the meeting room.
4. The library also offers at 11:00 a.m. in the meeting room. Please check for availability for all library programs by calling them at 516-921-7161 or check their website.
5. Teens can earn commununity service hours at the Meeting, held at 7 p.m. at the library. No registration required and refreshments will be served.