1. Syosset is due for rain and thunderstorms due for most of the day. Areas near the coast will have a coastal flood warning from 1-4 p.m.
2. Police reported a surge of burglaries and robberies in Oyster Bay and nearby neighborhoods. Read the full rundown of crimes in our area here in the latest Crime Report.
3. Bay Bash, OLMA 5K, a cross-sound sailing, and more are on their way this weekend. Check out our weekend planner and schedule some fun, out later today!
4. Cheer the Braves:
- 4:30 p.m. Girls Volleyball vs. Port Washington @ Home
Cheer the Mustangs:
- 4:15 p.m. Soccer vs. Archbishop Molloy @ Home
5. Syosset Library is holding their annual used book sale through the weekend. Head to the library Friday from 3-8 p.m. to get your hands on some well priced reads.