1. Sandy has already arrived and will be hanging around for the next few days. Get to a safe place and stay there to avoid the all-day rain and winds. Take special care from 1-3 p.m. when the highest storm winds of the day are expected.
2. If your power and internet go out, you can still get Patch updates! On your smartphone, download the free Patch mobile app, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for headlines and weather alerts. We'll be posting updates on power outages and flooding all day.
3. All Syosset schools and Our Lady of Mercy Academy are closed Monday as Sandy makes landfall.
4. Mail service will reportedly still be provided Monday. Businesses have closed for the storm on a case by case basis. Starbucks announced their Syosset branch, along with all other Long Island stores, would be closed Monday, according to WSJ.com.
5. There won't be any train holdups Monday because the MTA announced that LIRR and bus services have been suspended for the storm.