Are you a last minute kind of shopper? Need an extra box of Stove Top? Don't know what to bring as a host or hostess gift? Here's a list of the local places offering the holiday necessities.
Turkey and Trimmings
Any food you need for Thanksgiving, you'll find it at one of these places.
- Instead of fishing through the leftovers in big stores, go to the experts at . They deliver, but act fast!
- Check D'Alesandro's Fine Foods will give you expert advice on how to properly cook your turkey.
- offers tough to find, authentic Mediterranean goods and ingredients.
- Check the King Kullen circular for any last minute coupons and deals.
- Whole Foods in Jericho has great deals on organic, good-for-you ingredients to offset all the not-so-good-for-you stuff you'll be eating.
- Wander around Super Stop & Shop in Woodbury and eventually, you'll find what you need. They also offer Peapod deliveries if you're all shopped out… or if you're saving your energy for Black Friday.
Paper or Plastic
For anyone who is a sucker for pilgrim plates, turkey greeting cards and easy holiday clean up:
- Get quality cards and holiday gift bags for that family member who hosts this tryptophan-palooza at Papyrus in Woodbury.
- Party City in Woodbury: Get a turkey themed tablecloth with matching plates and silverware. (Protip: When everyone goes home Thursday night, grab the tablecloth with everything on it and tie it into a makeshift trash bag. 30 second clean up!)
Getting Spirited Away
Buy a host gift, seasonal beers for the game, or a little treat to wash down the turkey and stuffing at the end of the night.
- and offers expertise to find the perfect wine for Thanksgiving.
- has a wine diary online to make the decision process easier.