If you own a small business, it is possible that you haven't invested in a website due to the cost associated with development and maintenance. A quick and easy alternative is to create a business page on Facebook. Here is why:
1. A business page on Facebook is free – there is no yearly hosting fee, and no fees to create or maintain a page.
2. You can create a username for your page (i.e. mypage) and now your business has a web address which is www.facebook.com/mypage.
3. You can easily update the page yourself, you don’t have to hire someone to code or update your page.
4. Facebook provides Insights, their statistics on user interactions with your page, again free which includes extensive documentation in PDF format. Statistical data can also be exported.
6. As you accumulate fans (people who Like your page), your page automatically provides word of mouth advertising for you.
7. What can you post? Information about your products or services, discounts or other specials, new items that you may be promoting, links to topics of interest, polls asking customer opinions¸ and whatever else you may want your customers or prospective customers to know.
Note that more than half of the US population is on Facebook, but keep in mind that one does not need an account on Facebook to access a business page. You can access a business page by using the page’s web address or use a search engine such as Google or Bing and type in the company name followed by “Facebook”.