Reports of burglaries dropped significantly in the Syosset area last week, according to cops.
Nassau County Police reported three burglaries within the Second Precinct, none of which were in Syosset or Woodbury. This is a drop from the past several weeks where reports were two and three times higher.
Since the new year, Nassau County Police have filed the following reports:
- March 1:
- Feb. 22: Cops Report 11 Burglaries Nearby
- Feb. 15: Cops: 7 Burglaries Reported
- Feb. 11:
- Feb. 1: Crime Report: 300 Cellphones Stolen
- Jan. 25: Crime Report: 13 Burglaries
- Jan. 18: Crime Report: 5 Burglaries; Businesses Targeted in Burglaries
Although the amount of burglary reports dropped, one break-in at Dunkin' Donuts in Hicksville resulted in $15,000 worth of stolen merchandise, according to police.
The Second Precinct reported the following incidents:
- Feb. 28: Burglary; Dunkin' Donuts, Hicksville; $15,000 in food products stolen.
- Feb. 28: Burglary; Linwood Avenue, Farmingdale; nothing taken.
- Feb. 28: Robbery; Prospect Avenue, Westbury; cash, wallet, cell phone stolen.
- March 3: Burglary; Chestnut Street, Hicksville; cash removed from backpack.