The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Four new burglaries were reported in the area in the past week. In Syosset, a Panasonic system was taken from a Fams Court home. In Jericho, a perpetrator entered through a rear door on Knoll Lane and took with them jewelry and cash.
In Hicksville, police reported two burglaries on Kraemer Street at the same time. An intruder entered the first home through a rear window but took nothing. Another Kraemer Street home reported assorted jewelry being stolen.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- April 26: Burglary; Fams Court, Syosset; Panasonic system stolen.
- April 29: Montgomery Place, Jericho; assorted jewelry stolen.
- April 30: Petit larceny; South Woods Middle School, Syosset; iPad stolen.
- May 2: Criminal mischief; Lifetime Fitness, Jericho; scratches on car.
- May 4: Petit larceny; Syosset High School, Syosset; iPhone stolen from locker.
- May 7: Burglary; Knoll Lane, Jericho; rear door entry, jewelry, cash stolen.
- May 8: Burglary; Kraemer Street, Hicksville; rear window entry, no loss.
- May 8: Burglary; Kraemer Street, Hicksville; assorted jewelry stolen.
- May 7: Criminal mischief; Livenwood Court, Woodbury; window smashed.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- May 3: Steven Wohnigl, 48; charged with criminal mischief; St. James Street, Hicksville.
- May 3: Christopher Cruz, 21; charged with robbery; McDonald's, Jericho.
- May 6: Murtaza Razvi, 34; charged with resisting arrest; Brush Hollow Road, Westbury.
- May 8: Vincent Zanfordino, 52; charged with grand larceny; Home Depot, Jericho.