The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
, reports of as the Second Precinct reported just three burglaries in the area. In all three cases this week, rear entries were attempted but no items were reported stolen from the homes.
The Second Precinct attributes many wintertime burglaries to daylight savings. As the days get longer, burglaries are expected to lighten. However,
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Feb. 27: Grand larceny; Power Brain, Syosset; computer bag, drivers license stolen
- Feb. 28: Grand larceny; Whitman Ave, Syosset; cash and makeup stolen from car
- March 1: Burglary; Summit Street, Oyster Bay; rear window entry, no loss
- March 2: Grand larceny; Annie Sez, Plainview; assorted merchandise stolen
- March 3: Burglary; Peachtree Lane, Hicksville; rear door entry, no loss
- March 3: Petit larceny; Jericho Turnpike, Syosset; iPad 2, briefcase stolen
- March 5: Grand larceny; Sport Time gym, Syosset; wallet, pocketbook stolen from car
- March 5: Burglary; Lewis Lane, Syosset; rear door entry, no loss
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Feb. 29: Magdalena Aguilar, 33; charged with petit larceny; Target, Broadway Mall
- March 3: Nicolette Robinson, 17; charged with petit larceny; Target, Broadway Mall
- March 4: Crystal Williams, 20; charged with petit larceny; Target, Broadway Mall
- March 4: Nasreen Akhtar, 40; charged with petit larceny; Sears, Hicksville