Businesses were targeted in several reported burglaries last week, according to police.
Second Precinct detectives reported five burglaries in the area, four of which took place at local businesses. Electronics, cash, and copper tubing were among the proceeds of the reported burglaries.
Also this week, police are hunting a man who allegedly broke into the Syosset Radio Shack and stole several cell phones.
According to Robbery Squad Detectives, an unknown man approached Radio Shack at about 2:47 a.m. Tuesday and used a piece of cement to break the front glass door. The man entered the store and went to the back where he took an unknown amount of cell phones from a storage area and fled the scene on foot, cops said. Full story and description of the suspect here.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Jan. 2: Grand larceny; Office Max, Levittown; 26 toner cartridges stolen.
- Jan. 3: Burglary; Shadow Lane, Woodbury; iPad, laptop, passport stolen.
- Jan. 4: Grand larceny; Island Fencing, Plainview; assorted tools, copper tubing taken.
- Jan. 5: Burglary; AT&T, Plainview; iPad stolen.
- Jan. 6: Burglary; Verizon Wireless, Farmingdale; 25 iPhones and Motorola cellphones stolen.
- Jan. 6: Grand larceny; North Broadway, Hicksville; wallet, cash, metro card stolen.
- Jan. 7: Robbery; Laurel Street, Hicksville; cell phone, laptop, iPhone stolen.
- Jan. 7: Grand larceny; Stop & Shop, Levittown; Coach pocketbook, cash, cell phone stolen.
- Jan. 7: Burglary; Car Wash, Plainview; cash stolen.
- Jan. 7: Grand larceny; Pathmark, Bethpage; pocketbook, cash, cell phone stolen.
- Jan. 8: Burglary; Radio Shack, Syosset; iPhones, Samsung Galaxy stolen.