Two local precincts are reporting rashes of car break-ins beyond the Syosset area.
The Nassau County Seventh Precinct, just south of Syosset's Second Precinct, reported several car break-ins located mostly in Merrick within days of one another. Incidents ranged from simple break-ins with nothing reported stolen to reports of electronics and other items being taken. Some cars were reported unlocked at the time of the incident.
The Second and Seventh Precincts reported the following crimes:
- Oct. 15: Larceny; Kenneth Road, Merrick; electronics, etc. taken from car, no damage to vehicle.
- Oct. 15: Larceny; Cheryl Road, Merrick; sunglasses taken from car, no damage to vehicle.
- Oct. 16: Larceny; Oliver Way, Merrick; USC, GPS, glasses taken from unlocked car.
- Oct. 16: Larceny; Holland Way, Merrick; GPS taken from unlocked car.
- Oct. 16: Larceny; Wynsum Avenue, Merrick; unknown suspect entered car, rummaged through glove box, nothing reported taken.
- Oct. 19: Grand larceny; LIRR, Seaford; two tires, rims removed from car.
- Oct. 27: Petit larceny; Home Depot, Jericho; trailer hitch stolen from car.
- Oct. 28: Petit larceny; Jerome Avenue, Hicksville; gas stolen from car.
- Oct. 28: Criminal mischief; Collector Lane, Bethpage; dent to car door.
- Oct. 30: Grand larceny; Rallye Motors, Hicksville; car stolen.
Get fire department stories and other breaking news alerts with our newsletter. Sign-up for free here.