The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
have charged a Flushing man with counterfeiting in connection with the illegal distribution of fake DVDs. Zhan Lin, 45 of Flushing, reportedly approached two plain-chothed Bureau of Special Operations officers in Hicksville Feb. 17. He was arrested and found in possession of hundreds of counterfeit DVDs, said police.
Robbery and burglary arrests were made last week, one in East Norwich and one in Jericho.
A pocketbook with wallet and phone were stolen at , serving as a reminder to keep an eye on belongings at all times.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Feb. 1: Grand larceny; Kellog Street, Oyster Bay; jewelry, cash stolen.
- Feb. 10: Grand larceny; Deborah Road, Syosset; jewelry stolen.
- Feb. 12: Petit larceny; , Plainview; 10 pairs of jeans stolen.
- Feb. 14: Burglary; Jericho Turnpike, Jericho; copper wiring, tools stolen.
- Feb. 15: Petit larceny; Chesnut Lane, Woodbury; GPS, iPod stolen from car.
- Feb. 16: Grand larceny; Cornell Lane, Hicksville; jewelry stolen.
- Feb. 17: Burglary; Summer Street, Oyster Bay; console, diamonds, earrings stolen.
- Feb. 19: Grand larceny; Lifetime Fitness, Syosset; phone, pocketbook, wallet stolen.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Feb. 15: Vincent Traficante, 26; charged with burglary; Jonathan Court, East Norwich.
- Feb. 15: Irene Halloran, 48; charged with robbery; Edgewood Motel, Jericho.
- Feb. 17: Zhan Lin, 45; charged with counterfeiting; North Broadway, Hicksville.
- Feb. 17: Jessica Miller, 22; charged with petit larceny; Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- Feb. 18: Evelyn Rodriguez, 22; charged with petit larceny; Target, Broadway Mall.
- Feb. 19: Dina Klein, 46; charged with petit larceny; King Kullen, Syosset.