The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The lull in home invasions continued this week in Syosset and Plainview, with just a single burglary report at a Duane Reade pharmacy in Hicksville.
Nassau County Detectives have
Following an investigation, Robbery Squad detectives arrested James Sullivan, 22, of 81 Old Brook, Dix Hills, on Tuesday and charged him in connection with the Oct. 18th attempted heist at the Chase branch in the Plainview Centre.
Sullivan was arraigned on Wednesday in First District Court, Hempstead, on charges of attempted robbery, Nassau police said.
The incident occurred that Tuesday afternoon at 4:20 p.m. when a white male wearing a green sweater and a white baseball cap entered the Chase branch at 404 Woodbury Road.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- March 1: Petit larceny; Syosset Tire and Care Care, Syosset; inspection stickers stolen.
- March 9: Grand larceny; Fairhaven Drive, Jericho; fraudulent activity.
- March 30: Grand larceny; Concord Precision Auto Work, Jericho; stereo, speaker, subwoofer, stereo stolen from car.
- March 30: Petit larceny; Home Depot, Syosset; calculator stolen.
- March 31: Burglary; Duane Reade, Hicksville; diabetic drugs stolen.
- April 1: Petit larceny; Executive Hotel, Woodbury; prayer book stolen.
- April 2: Criminal mischief; Cain Drive, Plainview; punctured tires on car.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- March 28: James Sullivan, 22; charged with 3rd degree attempted robbery; Chase Bank, Plainview.
- March 29: Louis Giles, 54; charged with petit larceny; Kohl's, Jericho.
- March 29: Alexander Siegel, 23; charged with petit larceny; Northwood Court, Jericho.
- March 30: Kerri Johnson, 34; charged with petit larceny; Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- March 31: Modeline Verna, 28; charged with petit larceny; Sears, Hicksville.
- March 31: Stacey Goldstein, 46; charged with criminal mischief; TJ Maxx, Hicksville.
- April 1: Mugurel Tanase, 41; charged with petit larceny; King Kullen, Syosset.