The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
For the first time in months, from the second precinct are reporting that only one burglary took place in the immediate area during the most recent reporting week.
Plainview and Syosset by a and even since the onset of fall.
Yet only one burglary, on Hicks Lane in Hicksville, was reported in the past reporting week. A number of other thefts made it to the list:
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Feb. 26: Burglary; Hicks Circle, Hicksville: duffell bag, jewelry stolen.
- Feb. 27: Grand Larceny, Acme Bus Company, Hicksville; microphones/radios stolen from buses.
- Feb. 26: Grand larceny; Executive Plaza, Jericho; Cash, wallet stolen.
- Feb. 24: Petit larceny; Syosset Bowling Alley, Syosset: Ipod Touch stolen.
- Feb. 21: Criminal mischief: Muttontown Preserve, Muttontown: Window broken.
- Feb. 24: Grand larceny: Bethpage Drive, Hicksville: Auto stolen.
- Feb. 16: Grand larceny: 2nd Street, Woodbury: keys, pocketbook, license stolen.
- Feb. 15: Grand larceny: Chestnut Lane, Woodbury: laptop stolen from auto.
- Feb. 16: Petit larceny: Syosset High School, Syosset: Iphone stolen.
- Feb. 21: Grand larceny: Scrap King, Jericho: Scrap metal stolen.
- Feb. 28: Petit larceny: Astoria Federal Credit Union, Plainview: personal papers stolen from safe deposit box.
- Feb. 28: Grand larceny: Jackson Avenue, Syosset: Auto stolen.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Feb. 22: Laura Shookster, 47, charged with petit larceny, Woodbury Road, Plainview.
- Feb. 23: Angelos Katehis, 52, charged with petit larceny, Home Depot, Jericho.
- Feb. 25: Abbas Shakir, 40, charged with petit larceny, Target, Broadway Mall.
- Feb. 28: Thomas Dechiaro, 38, charged with grand larceny, Jackson Avenue, Syosset.