State Sen. Carl Marcellino will chair a hearing in Albany Wednesday on the future of the Long Island Power Authority, according to his office.
The hearing will be conducted by the Investigations and Government Operations
Committee. The group will consider issues concerning the utility company's structure as well as how it should handle operational and financial problems.
The hearing is set for 11 a.m. on Wednesday in Hearing Room A at the Legislative Office Building in Albany. Those attending include:
- David Daly, Vice President – LIPA Transition, Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
- Robert Ward - Deputy Comptroller, Budget & Policy Analysis, Office of the State Comptroller
- Neal M. Lewis, Board of Trustees, Long Island Power Authority
- Donald J. Daley Jr., Business Manager, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1049
- Shelly Sackstein, Chairman & CEO, Action Long Island; Chairman, Suffolk County LIPA Oversight Committee and former Board Trustee, LIPA
- Tom Rumsey, Vice President of External Affairs, New York Independent System Operator
- Cynthia Kouril, Esq., Robert L. Folks & Associates; Former Counsel, Inspector General for New York City Department of Environmental Protection; Former Special Assistant, U.S. Attorney General, Southern District of New York
- Charles Bell, Programs Director, Consumer Union
- William Ferris, NYS Legislative Representative, AARP NY
For more information, contact Marcellino's office at 516-922-1811 or visit www.senatormarcellino.com.