Syosset will likely see almost $9,000,000 in state aid for the 2012-13 school year, an increase of almost half a million dollars from this year, according to the New York State Education Department.
NYSED estimated Friday that Syosset had $8,984,836 in state aid coming their way next year. Syosset's aid will increase by about six percent compared to last year's numbers.
The state controller's office Tuesday criticized the for payments made to vendors that were made outside a competitive bidding process.
MacArthur High School pounded Monday, 10-1 in a non-league baseball game.
Newsday reported that Joe Chiaraomente struck out seven and allowed one run in five innings to defeat the Braves. Syosset junior pitcher Jake Laine took the loss.
- : Volunteers plant thousands of clumbs of sea grass along town's oceanfront beach.
- : The new congressional district map splits the northern and southern part of the the town.
- : The stabilization planting drew 1,200 volunteers and helped preserve the oceanfront. What other volunteer projects should the town sponsor?
- : The town wants to acquire two Heisser Lane parcels to expand the Farmingdale park.
Long Island News
- : New safeguards aim to ensure students cannot cheat on college entrance exams.
- : Nassau County's party draws March birthday "girls and boys" of the Greatest Generation to Old Bethpage Restoration Village.