The Town of Oyster Bay recognized a local man at its last Board meeting for his coordination of a model train show that raised almost $3,000 for Hurricane Sandy aid efforts.
Joel Berse, proprietor of Trainville Hobby Depot in Hicksville, organized the train show at the Hicksville Community Center in January. More than 600 people attended. A total of $2,896 was raised.
Berse presented a ceremonious check for the funds to Craig Cooper of the American Red Cross at the meeting.
Reminders for the week:
- Monday is the last day the first half of general taxes will be accepted with no penalty.
- The Town Clerk's Office begins issuing new landscaping licenses and taxi/limoowner and driver licenses Monday.
- Tuesday is Lincoln's birthday; Town Hall is closed, no GAP program.
- Thursday is Valentine's Day.
- GAP goes into winter recess Saturday.