Outstanding, successful, philanthropic, leading women are begin sought by the Town of Oyster Bay as nominees for the 15th Annual "Women of Distinction" Awards Program.
“Each year, the Town has the privilege of honoring designated ‘Women of Distinction’ in each of eight categories,” said Supervisor John Venditto. “Winners will be recognized in March 2013 in celebration of Women’s History Month.”
Anyone can submit an application, including former applicants who had not been selected.
According to the Town's website, women who are Tobay residents can be nominated under one of these eight categories:
- Arts: Outstanding woman who has contributed to the cultural life of the community through theatre, dance, music, art or literature.
- Business: Professional woman in a position as owner, CEO or high-level manager of a business or industry.
- Community and Civic Affairs: A leader, supervisor, administrator, manager or member who has made a contribution to the community.
- Education: A woman educator, administrator or director of a public or private institution of learning who has been outstanding in the field.
- Government: Woman who has made an outstanding contribution to the community through her work in or with local government.
- Health Services: Individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the health services field.
- Humanitarian: An outstanding woman who has made a contribution to the community. This individual may or may not be affiliated with a commercial, professional or non-profit agency or group.
- Volunteer: A woman who has made an outstanding contribution in serving the needs of others.
Completed nomination forms may be submitted through Dec. 31. Check out the attached PDF of the nomination form or download it from the Town of Oyster Bay website.