As of Tuesday, all Syosset schools will be back in session for the first time since Hurricane Sandy.
Syosset School District
Syosset announced that classes will resume Tuesday morning. The district made the following announcements on their website Monday:
- All schools will open Tuesday, minus South Woods Middle School and Whitman Elementary.
- South Woods students will go to Thompson Middle School.
- Whitman students will go to Baylis Elementary.
- District food services won't be available at elementary and middle schools Tuesday.
- Pick up and drop off times may vary as buses perform their routes.
- Before and after school activities and early and late buses are cancelled.
- The SCOPE program will be open.
Our Lady of Mercy Academy
Mustangs headed back to school Monday and announced that casual clothing may be worn for the rest of the week.
75 percent of OLMA students came back to class Monday, according to a letter on the school's website. The school now has charging stations for students and their parents to use as a "home office," said the school. The quarter ends this week and they said students would not be penalized for work they miss as a result of the storm.
St. Edward the Confessor
St. Edward's will be open Tuesday. Students whose home districts are not in session will have to arrange for their own transportation. St. Edward's will have an open house Tuesday from 9:30-11:30 a.m.