With new restaurants and stores due on Jericho Turnpike, the seemingly suffering commercial district of Syosset is slowly coming to a revival. Here are seven major changes the commercial area is anticipating:
1. The was quickly demolished earlier this week. It was vacant for over a year and in January, commanded a $1.45 million pricetag.
2. The former home of was demolished to make way for a two-story TD Bank.
3. Chipotle Mexican Grill will be opening this coming fall in Syosset next to Gabby's Gourmet and Sherwin Williams, reported libn.com.
4. suddenly appeared to be closed this week when the red sign was taken down and doors were closed.
5. Panera Bread's official grand opening is July 23 at 10 a.m. The cafe is already hiring bakers, catering coordinators, hourly associates and shift supervisors, so head to the Panera careers page to apply.
6. 's teal facade was removed and replaced with a sign for Tao Restaurant this week.
7. After months of speculation, it was announced that the would be .