Today's job tip: Recruiting firm Robert Half International says that college students should seriously consider accounting as a career. "A new report reveals majoring in accounting might be your best bet," Half says. "According to the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE), 68% of the most recent accounting majors received job offers – that’s the highest percentage of any major." (NACE report attached.)
Jobs open around the Syosset area this week:
- Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assisting visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screening visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility
- Providing an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; providing a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presenting a good image of the client
- Communicating in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors
- Monitoring entrances and exits; acting to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; loss prevention, controlling entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operating a gate and examining vehicle contents
- Monitoring remote entrances using closed circuit television; operating remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property
Leave replacement for elementary library media specialist from January through May.
- Provide administrative support to the infant preschool unit
- Schedule appointments for follow-up visits
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Greet patients and visitors
Leave replacement, to start in in January. Must hold earth science certification.
- Assists with the admissions process.
- Orients patient/family to unit routines, i.e., policies and procedures on visiting hours, demonstrates working the bed, call light, room orientation, etc.
- Promotes customer relations with patients and their families.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs using appropriate equipment.
- Performs preventive skin care measures.
- Performs certain diagnostic tests consistent with established procedures.
- Obtains, labels and appropriately documents the collection of specimens for laboratory
- Performs telemetry and electrocardiograms. Calibrates EKG machine to ensure accuracy of tracing.
Agent / adviser on sales of financial products and services.