Fire Crews Subdue Gas Leak

Crews find and shut down gas leak at Butera's in Woodbury.

Fire and energy crews worked to quickly end a gas leak at a Woodbury shopping center Tuesday afternoon.

Syosset Fire Department was called to Woodbury Village shopping center on Southwoods Road in Woodbury at 11:09 a.m. Tuesday, according to Assistant Fire Chief Joe Fasano.

After neighboring store employees reported the smell of gas, fire crews investigated and found a leak at Butera's Restaurant, Fasano said.

With the help of Keyspan, crews shut down the gas main to end any further danger. Crews finished their work about an hour later, Fasano said.

No one reported any illness or injuries as a result of the leak, according to Fasano.

Get Syosset news updates | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »